Transition Plan Development and Implementation Advisor
Short summary of the job: Office of Prisons Administration (OPA) seeks an expert to develop a transitional plan from the current prison management system to a new modality and implement it under the guidance and supervision of Deputy Director General for Policy and Technical Affairs.
Transition Plan Development and Implementation Expert
· Develop proper concept note, roadmap and timeline for a smooth transition of the modality.
· Provide guidance and support to the OPA in assessment and analytical processes for the transition from current prison management system to a new modality and implement it under the guidance and supervision of Deputy Director General for Policy and Technical Affairs.
· Provide policy advice and technical support to the OPA on related internal systems, collaborative programming and monitoring processes for transition response;
· Conduct research and desk review and status of the current system and way forward,
· Develop proper need assessment to assess the need for transition,
· Develop proper mechanism for the transition processes.
· Conduct a comprehensive research on similar cases in other countries and utilize from lesson learnt and apply it accordingly.
· undertaking ongoing modality and performance monitoring and providing feedback to office to keep capacity development initiatives and wider transition work plan on track;
· providing the regular, timely and high-quality reporting and analysis on the modality transition efforts;
· coordinate with the senior management to ensure clear communications and positive relations in the interest of effective transition;
· Develop proper
implementation plan and tracking system for proper follow-up of transition
Transition Plan Development:
· Assess and study the current system, develop a paper with specific recommendations for a new modality together with the Policy and Strategy Expert, Economic Development Expert, M&E Expert, and other relevant staff
· Develop a comprehensive new prison management model – after the above study and its recommendations are approved by the OPA leadership
· Develop a transitional plan for the implementation of the new model including the required tools and mechanisms
· Oversee and guide the action plan for central and provincial prisons and ensure that the new vision for the organization is mainstreamed in all departments
· Coordinate all departments’ activities for the proper implementation of the new plan
· Provides a specific checklist for the transition in coordination with the heads of prisons in Kabul and 33 provinces
· Produce a needs assessment plan for the transitional period for all prisons.
Building Staff Capacity
· Design and deliver training programs for all prisons to understand the new model and the need for transition
· Train every relevant senior staff on the new model and its machanics
Promoting Organizational Learning:
· Produce success stories and lessons learnt
· Generate and consolidate field visit reports and share critical findings with the OPA leadership and other relevant department staff
· Lead the compilation, analysis and consolidation of data to produce policy briefs that will inform course corrections where necessary
Administrative and Reporting:
· Prepare Annual Operating Plan AOP of Capacity Development Section
· Submit periodic reports on progress
· Proactively engage with donors, other stakeholders and support networks focused on learning and capacity development
· Promote equality and ensure the empowerment of men and women staff in the organization and support all other staff in doing likewise, and
· Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or the OPA leadership
Skills: The Office of Prisons Administration (OPA) seek a dependable professional with creativity and initiative, sound judgment and adaptability, and excellent skills planning, policy making, leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, strategy development, program development, and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should demonstrate the followings:
Skills and strengths:
· Fluent in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto
· Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact
· Proficiency in relevant enterprise-wide software packages and office applications
· Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· Strong coordination/negotiation skills
· An engaging personality with cultural and gender sensitivity; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse environment
· Strong organizational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy and meet tight deadlines
· Business oriented with a commitment to build organization’s agility and grow its reputation
· Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems
· A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
· Commitment to the vision and mission of the organization
At least Seven (7) years’ progressive experience in planning and system development in reputed organization(s)
S/he should be able to demonstrate mastery over project planning tools.
Have a clear understanding of logical framework and project cycle
Knowledge and application of theory of change will be a plus point.
Have the capacity to design field surveys, their tools, briefs and guides for field investigators, carry out sample checks of data collection tools such as questionnaires, scrutinize survey database, analyze data and interpret survey results
Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
Proven and substantive expertise in budgeting, donor reporting and auditing.
Sound understanding of development work
Experience in developing and managing project-wide information systems.