Short summary of the job: This position holder is responsible to provide assistance to the assigned team in identification of the weakness of the internal controls, interact with clients with assigned team, check client’s financial information and other required information in the context of the audit scope and provide feedback to the supervisors and managers as deemed necessary and help the team in any other area assigned by the superiors.
- Assist with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and become proficient in preparing these statements. Obtain exposure to the various types of financial statement engagements.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile and balance general ledger accounts.
- Research and correct account discrepancies.
- Provide written summaries of statistical sampling findings for review by senior staff.
- Prepares clear and concise work-papers with definitive conclusions
- Prepares meaningful and well-written recommendations for inclusion in client correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify issues and apply accounting principles and auditing procedures.
Student of CAT, ACCA or other accounting qualification
Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
Takes ownership of assigned task and adopts a pro-active approach
Ability to organize and prioritize workload
Produces accurate and timely work
Ability to build relationships
Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development