Administrative and Data Management Expert
Short summary of the job:
Under the overall lead of the Office of Prisons Administration (OPA), the Administrative & Data Management Expert will ensure alignment in projects theory of change, prison management information plan, outcomes, outputs and activities of prisons and keep update prison management information system. S/he will be responsible for designing the survey questionnaire plan, perform data collection; analyzing and interpreting of the data and timely preparing of high-quality reports. Furthermore, S/he will be required to prepare the provincial prisons’ profile and make sure to keep them update. In addition, S/he will be expected to coordinate efforts and implement the functional area planned.
About Office of Prisons Administration (OPA)
Office of prisons administration (OPA) is an independent authority. OPA was established in 2020 in order to lead and manage the prisons’ legal administrative affairs, to solve the prisoners’ fundamental problems, and to enhance vocational and educational capacities of prisoners.
OPA has four main objectives:
a) Managing and organizing educational training, correctional vocational training, and workforce development for inmates and custodies;
b) Managing financial, economic, and prison protection;
c) Ensuring the rights of persons in custody, surveillance, detention and prison, and ways to regulate and deal with them; and
d) Correction/reforming of inmates and juveniles under detention in order to prepare them to observe and respect laws, social life and to prevent them from engaging any crimes in the future.
The prospect candidate is responsible to:
· Coordinate efforts to design the prison management information plan.
· Develop outputs, outcomes and results-based assessment plans for each active and new project
· Provide inputs for revision/modification of log-frame related to performance indicators, Wherever necessary;
· Develop a mechanism for monitoring and evaluation
· Create a plan for communicating the results of monitoring and evaluation with the senior management and relevant stakeholders.
· Prepare constant reports to the Deputy Director General for Policy and Technical Affairs from all activities related to the prisons and other relevant departments for further proceedings.
· Work in challenging conditions.
· Be able to travel to all provinces in Afghanistan.
· Assist prisons in updating and maintaining the Program Database;
· Assist head of prisons in reviewing, preparing and development of quality and quantity services
· Prepare Annual Operating Plan (AOP) of Monitoring & Evaluation section.
Survey and Database Management
The prospecting applicant also needs to:
· Develop, review and finalize quantitative and qualitative data collection tools to conduct surveys and interviews;
· Collect data for prison management information system;
· Analyze the questionnaires, interpret the data and provide high-quality reports;
· Update the prison management information system in timely manner;
· Develop questionnaire or mechanism to collect data to prepare provincial prisons’ profiles.
· Create and maintain the geographical information system database and being able to work with geodatabases.
· Rectify the raster data and digitalize- them.
· Use geographical information system software and analyze the spatial and non-spatial information.
· Develop a system for data entry and data security, including mechanisms for quality control.
· Check the authenticity of translation of survey tools from Dari/Pashtu to English and vice-versa.
· Conduct regular data verification to ensure the quality and accuracy of data collected by implementing partners
Building Staff Capacity
To build the staff capacity, the prospected candidate will:
· Design, develop and deliver training programs on survey design, research methods, monitoring, evaluation and documentation for provincial offices and implementing partners.
· Support provincial offices and implementing partners in tracking indicators in the log-frame,
· Undertake monitoring and evaluation by analyzing project data and field information, consolidating information and reporting project progress.
Organizational Capacity Development system
· Share best practices, success stories, knowledge and learned lessons with the organization/project staff to reflect on areas of strengths and address areas of concern.
· Generate and consolidate field visit reports and share important findings with relevant stakeholders such as the Project Manager/s, Provincial Offices and other (OPA)’s staff to highlight challenges and find solutions
· Consolidate and analyze data to meet organizational goals and objectives
· Proactively engage with relevant departments, other stakeholders and support networks focus on learning.
· Promote the human rights, equality, role and empowerment of men and women, both within organization and externally and support all other staff in doing likewise.
· Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Office of Prisons Administration seeks dependable
professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as
excellent skills in leadership/management, communication, representation,
interpersonal relations, decision-making, program development, data analyzing,
reporting, critical thinking and problem solving. Specifically, applicants for
this position should also demonstrate the following:
· Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pashto.
· Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
· Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
· Ability to represent a respected organization at a senior level.
· High-level proficiency in relevant enterprise-wide software packages and office applications, including SPSS/STATA, geodatabase, spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· Strong coordination/negotiation skills specifically with the ability to effectively coordinate among other partner organizations.
· An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humor; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
· Strong organizational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy and meet tight deadlines.
· Business oriented with a commitment to build organization’s agility and grow its reputation.
· Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
· Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
· A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
· Commitment to the vision and mission of organization.
The position holder must possess at least Bachelor’s
degree in geodesy engineering, Public Policy, Business Administration, Public
Administration, Economy, Law and Political science or Business Management with familiarization
in GIS and geodatabase.
1. At least Seven (7) years’ progressive experience in administrative and data management affairs in a reputed organization – preferably an INGO, Government Organizations or a Research Institution.
2. S/he should be able to demonstrate mastery over project planning as well as survey research tools.
3. Possess clear understanding about logical frameworks, project impacts, outcome, outputs, indicators and their measurement. Understanding of Theory of Change will be a plus point.
4. Have capacity to design field surveys, their tools, brief and guide field investigators, carry out sample checks of data collection tools such as questionnaires, scrutinize survey database, analyze data and interpret survey results.
5. Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
6. Sound understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
7. Ability to represent a respected organization at a senior level.
8. Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM).
9. Experience in developing and managing project-wide information systems.